Sunday, 14 June, 1942 - Anne Frank’s birthday | ANNEFRANKSTORY PAGE 1

On Friday, June 12th, I woke up at six o’clock and no wonder it was my birthday. But of course I was not allowed to get up at that hour, so I had to control my curiosity until a quarter to seven. Then I could bear it no longer and went to the dining room, where i received a warm welcome from Moortje (the cat).

Soon after seven I went to Mummy and Daddy and then to the sitting room to undo my presents. The first to greet me was you(the diary), possibly the nicest of all. Then on the table there were a bunch of roses, a plant, and some peonies. and more arrived during the day.
annefrank1_annefrankstory.blogspot.com
I got masses of things from Mummy and Daddy, and was thoroughly spoiled by various friends. Among other things was given Camera, Obscura, a party game, lots of sweets, chocolates, a puzzle, a brooch, Tales and Legend of the Netherlands by Joseph Cohen, Daisy’s mountain Holiday (a terrific book), and some money. Now I can buy Thy Myths of Greece and Rome – grand!

Then lies called for me and we went to school. During recess I treated everyone to sweet biscuits, and then we had to go back to our lessons.

Now I must stop. Bye-bye. we’re going to be great pals!

-Anne Frank



                                                                                              Next Story>>

No comments: